Thursday, June 26, 2008

Syncope= passing out

I passed out at the dentist's today. They had just given me the numbing stuff and I was out. I think I really freaked them all out. They put oxygen on me and busted out the smelling salts. I think I was the big excitement for the day. Apparently people don't have "syncope" often at the dentists... go figure! They didn't even want to go on with the fillings but I convinced them to go ahead (I was already numb for goodness sake!) They made me wait in their waiting room for a while before driving home. Maybe I should have told them that passing out was a habit of mine. I've passed out getting my blood drawn, trying to donate blood, and at the oral surgeon's. I guess I didn't think a little numbing shot would make me pass out. I've been really tired lately and haven't eaten well or gotten much sleep so maybe that played a part.
Good news is my sister is coming tomorrow! Yeah!

Italy update: DH is meeting with the guy from church who is going to give him some tips of cool things to see at the Vatican!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

That is scary! Also crazy that you pass out so much. I hope you get some sleep/good food soon!

Wow, the Vatican!! I can't wait for you to go so I can see the pictures.

Amanda said...

Wow...how scary! I felt the same way when I donated blood for the first time, but instead...I just threw up! I can completely relate.

You definitely have to share pictures from your trip! I'm so jealous.