Thursday, June 12, 2008

It's in the water at work again...

Babies... 4 expected this year. One in September, two in November, and one in December. I'm only really excited for one- is that terrible? The one due in December is just telling people now because she had miscarried in the past, so I'm particularly happy for her. The one in September has complained about her pregnancy from day 1 and it has driven me crazy. One of the November babies is to a single mom and the other in November is due 2 days after my EDD, who also was not planned. I guess I shouldn't have the attitude that everyone should have to work so hard to have a baby, but I'm unjustly bitter at those who don't know the heartache of a miscarriage and get pregnant so stinkin' easily. (Yet I would never wish a pregnancy loss on anyone.) I suppose everyone has their own struggles in life. I'm just pretty upset that I found out about the baby due right after my EDD... I should be starting to show just like her and I'm not and I'm sad about that.

Excerpt from the book I just finished: "...that's the valley of the shadow of death, and God doesn't promise to take us around it. He promises He'll walk us through it." I thought that was quite profound. I guess the logic of it is similar to Footprints.

Italy planning update: DH contacted this guy at our church who's been to Rome multiple times and is setting us up with some awesome things to see and some private tours of St. Peter's that we might be able to get on! Yeah!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I know exactly how you feel. I don't think it's terrible of you. It's really rough that some women get pregnant so easily without putting anything thoughts or plans into it. That's how I feel a lot about my SIL, she and her DH got pregnant 2 weeks after their wedding after spontaneously deciding to have a baby (they don't have regular jobs or a house or even an apartment, they live with her parents). She's due in a couple of weeks. It's hard, but then I think that she doesn't really have things perfectly either and that keeps me from being as jealous.

How exciting about going to Rome! When are you planning the trip?

Amanda said...

It's crazy how we can be bitter towards some pg ladies and happy for others, but it's perfectly normal. Love the quote from your book and I'm so jealous that you're going to Italy!