Sunday, June 22, 2008

Good times

I had a good weekend and have another one to look forward to! Just have to get through the days in-between.
Went to the orthopedic doctor on Friday... I broke my leg Feb '07, it never healed so I had surgery on it 9 months later... now it's all good, but I was having sharp pains through my leg for 6+weeks, so I went to see my ortho surgeon on Friday. (Murphy's Law= pain had stopped by then). Got another x-ray & things look perfect. Nice to know it's completely healed for sure. (Anyone have tips on making a nasty scar go away?)

We had the big festival at church this weekend... it was a blast & we got to meet some new people from our church. I learned that everyone knows DH's name, but not mine... I'm just the wife. That's okay, I really don't mind too much.

After church today, we hung out with another couple who have a 6-month old baby. It was a good time! I had moments when DH would be holding the baby & playing with him and I was just dreaming about what should have been... he'll really be a good dad.

Now I'm so incredibly excited about my sister coming next weekend! :)

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I've heard that cocoa butter is the best thing to put on scars. I wish I had known that when I was a kid so I could have tried to do something about my own scars (from surgery and stitches). I've found that putting lotion on the one that's on my knee everyday has softened it up over the years and now it's the same color as my skin (too bad it puckers when I straighten my leg).