Thursday, April 3, 2008

Resolution

Tuesday I had my doctor's appointment after my m/c to make sure everything was okay. The urine preg test was negative by then... they did draw blood to check my hcg level, but I don't know what it was. On exam, she was worried it might have been ectopic so she quickly sent me to the hospital to have a stat ultrasound. The tech was incredible and very sympathetic of my situation. Luckily everything came out fine and I was even told I have a "beautiful uterus". :)
That morning, DH had talked to a woman at work about what was going on and it was wonderful that he did! She had been through a m/c and explained to DH what kind of support I needed and what I was going through. DH showed up at the hospital unexpectedly while I was waiting for the results of my ultrasound and was a great support for the first time since all of this happened. So now I have some resolution which makes things a little better.

My crying now is sort of unpredictable, but I at least know I'm okay if I keep busy and don't have time to just sit and think. Church was so difficult this Sunday... of course there was a baptism. Pregnancies and babies are everywhere and I'm so sick of it! And of course with my new nephew... I'm constantly involved in discussions about babies... and looking at pictures of babies... and I just want to be having a baby!

the flowers my wonderful Mom sent after I told her about my m/c

No comments: