Thursday, August 20, 2009

Big Decision

Whoa... DH just presented me with a huge decision last night. Apparently, he's being offered a new job (in his same company) but this would require moving. Not to Europe... to small town Ohio. Neither of us have ever lived in a small town, only suburbs of big cities. He wants me to tell him if I'm up for it or not. It would be a good opportunity for him job-wise (he's always stressed and hates the job he's in now) and would be within driving distance of our families. But we would be leaving our house and the area that I've always imagined raising my kids. One of the biggest things I'd miss would be our church and all of the wonderful friendships we have made there. We are so blessed with such an amazing church and have both really grown in our faiths because of it. I know that the churches in the area we would be moving to in northern Ohio would be tiny and nothing like we have now. Maybe it's time to take a step of faith and do what's best for my husband and be close to family once again. I could actually start going back to visit my family more often. But we are so established where we are now and I love it here.

Obviously, I'm torn. DH wants to talk more about all of this tonight. I've been thinking and praying a lot about it and still don't know what I think.

No comments: