Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Friends with kids

Yet another post about wanting a baby...

We are (as my FIL would call us) DINKs (dual income no kids). I'm done being a DINK, but DH really wants the dual part of the income for as long as possible and we have agreed I will be a stay at home mom (maybe just work a couple of shifts a month if necessary). I feel like I am done with my career- I've gone as far as I want to with it. I'm ready to join the rest of our age group and friends and have babies!
I know it's not a reason to have kids, but we are now falling far behind our friends.
K&E= 9 month old son
A&P= 13 month old son
C&R= 3 yr old son & 18 month old daughter
S&J= 3 yr old daughter & 14 month old son
G&M= 3 yr old son & expecting #2

Needless to say, when we get together with friends, there are almost always kids around! I've had a 6 day block of time off work this past week and we've gotten together with 3 of these couples. DH is so good with these kids! (He's still not too sure what to do with infants, but I've explained to him that's what mommies are for). I can't wait to be a Mommy and I know DH will be a wonderful Daddy.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

You are both going to be great parents! I think that friends having kids is a good reason to want them too. It shouldn't be the ONLY reason, but it's fine to start wanting more them because of your friends having them. My best friend having her son is what made me realize that I not only wanted to be a mom, I wanted to be a SAHM.

I'm putting you on my prayer list now...I really hope you will be joining your friends soon!