Friday, January 22, 2010

Insomnia and worry

I cannot sleep anymore. It's not that I'm overly uncomfortable. I think I'm just stressed and worried. I worry a lot about the baby and if it's little heart is okay. I worry that I'm doing something wrong and will hurt him or her. I worry that DH won't bond with our child. I worry that I'm not eating healthy enough and that all of my worry is unhealthy.

I'm taking today to relax, nap, try not to worry as much. I'm just enjoying every little kick I can get out of my little one!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Aww! *HUG* I'd tell you not to worry, but I've been there, done that. However, I DO want to tell you not to worry about what you are eating. Just make sure that you have a balanced diet over the course of a week. It's okay to splurge, it's okay to go a day without eating a vegetable, it's okay to have a little caffeine. It's miserable to feel guilty about and have to analyze your food. There's so much else going on in your life, just enjoy what foods you can!!!

Haha, can you tell I feel strongly about that? You are doing a great job so far, I know you will keep it up!

As for your hubby bonding with baby, have him do some skin to skin contact the day he/she is born. Also, make a big deal about how "only he" can get baby to sleep so quickly, comfort baby so well, etc. It makes them feel special and even more protective of the baby. :-)