Friday, July 18, 2008

Waiting

I'm really wanting to TTC again... DH is not ready. He decided he wants to travel more, to save more money, and I don't know what else. I want a baby more than a trip to Hawaii and he doesn't get that. I feel like I'm only getting older, am terrified I might m/c again or have trouble TTC. Yes, I'm only 26 now, but I want 4 kids! The stinkin' baby fever is becoming a chronic disease for me now. It really is a painful one emotionally, especially after a m/c.

I'm hosting my 2nd baby shower this year too. I'm just having a bunch of women at work meet at a restaurant for a co-workers shower. I am going to make another diaper cake. They make great decorations/centerpieces for showers. I made a couple for our church's silent auction and they sold for a pretty good amount which made me feel good that people seemed to like them. They only take an hour or two to make (now that I know what I'm doing), but I might try some new things on this next one.

I get this entire weekend off work! Unfortunately a lot of it came home with me. I'm babysitting for my nephew and will probably end up helping DH with yard projects. I really just want to go hiking and find a coffee shop to sit and read at. That's what I love to do.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I would have loved to start TTC sooner, but DH wanted to wait. I told him right after we got married that I was ready to have kids whenever he was.

Finally, in March I told him that I really wanted a baby and that I felt it was the right time. I listed several reasons why I wanted a child and asked him to please think it over. A couple of nights later he said he had thought about it and realized that he could always come up with some excuse or other not to start trying. So we started then since we were just about to buy a house and knew he had a steady job.

I think it's important that both people in a marriage be ready to have a baby, but I also agree with my DH who said that there will always be some reason not to try and you can't let that stop you. I hope you can start trying soon!