Sunday, July 27, 2008

Insomnia...again

I can't sleep. Its 2:30am. DH wants to get up and work on the yard projects at 6am before it gets too hot. I want to sleep in (he says it's okay if I do), but feel bad not helping him.

I'm browsing books online... I need a new author to get hooked on. I love Karen Kingsbury books, but I think I've read them all now and she doesn't have another coming out until fall. ("Summer" is heart-wrenching... one of the characters goes through a pregnancy with a poor prognosis. I bawled through it!)

Anyone have any recommendations?


Fun news! I get to go to NYC on a quick business trip with DH! I have to decide what all to do and what show to see (only there for 2 days!) I guess we're getting in a lot of traveling... maybe this will mean DH will be ready to TTC again sooner?! (Now I just need to get a second job to help him feel more ready financially!)

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Other Christian authors I like are Lori Wick, Tracie Peterson, Francine Rivers (Mark of the Lion trilogy is so good), Brody & Brock Thoene (I love their Zion Covenant and Zion Chronicles series!!), Janette Oke, and Dee Henderson. I tend to like historical fiction so those series are historical fiction series, although I think most of these authors also write books in modern time periods as well.

That's awesome about you going to NYC! I went there along with my husband when he went on a business trip in March. Even if you are only there for 2 days you will still have an amazing time. Everything is so close that you can go from one thing to the other easily. If you're in Manhattan you can just wander around and see amazing things!

Wow, you hit on my 2 favorite things in this post, books and traveling! You can't get me to shut up ;-)