Sunday, November 30, 2008

The ups and downs of Thanksgiving week

Monday: We decide to adopt a 5 year old golden retriever!
Wednesday: My EDD...
Thursday: With DH's family all day including a new baby and a pregnant cousin.
Friday: News that my sister is pregnant with #2.
Sunday: Adoption fell through... no dog for us.

I'm so happy for my sister and knew they would be trying again soon. When she told everyone, I just started bawling (both happy and sad tears). I had to leave the room. My mom came up and checked on me and was so sweet and understanding. DH later asked why I was crying and I told him that my EDD would have been Wednesday (he had no clue). He actually did give me a hug and asked if he should do anything. I think my sister doesn't want to talk to me about her pregnancy, but I really do what to hear about it even though it makes me a little sad. I hope she realizes that I am truly happy for her. I also found I am scared for her. I'm nervous something will go wrong for her. I don't want her to ever go through the heart ache of a miscarriage.

No comments: