Monday, May 5, 2008

Almost Mother's Day

As Mother's Day is approaching, I'm really reflecting a lot on the women in my life who are mothers... my own mom, my MIL, my sister, my SIL, my grandmother, my coworker with triplets, my coworker who is due in September...
I'm so glad I'll be with my mom and sister this mother's day. My mom because she is my mom and because she has said the exact right things to me when I miscarried. I know she understands exactly what I'm going through and that brings me so much comfort. My sister was the first person (other than DH) that I talked to when I miscarried. I couldn't reach my mom and so I called my sister next. She doesn't know what it's like to miscarry, but she said the perfect things to me that morning as I was bawling over the phone to her, devastated. She simply acknowledged that she didn't know what it was like and that she was so sorry for what was happening. She was just so wonderful. She told me to call her at any time if I needed her.
I just love my family so much and am so excited to see them later this week. I haven't seen them since Christmas and am thrilled to be with them for a week.

No comments: