Saturday, March 28, 2009

One year ago...

My family was celebrating my new nephew's birth.
But then I started spotting at work. I kept telling myself that this was normal in early pregnancy, but I was still worried. I got home and was bleeding. I knew it was over. DH was working late that night. I fell asleep crying with the lights on. I woke up at 4am the next morning... the bleeding continued. It really was over. I bawled all morning... it woke DH up and he came and hugged me. I still went to work. I cried the whole drive there and on the phone with my sister. I cried off and on at work. I acted happy when I saw my in-laws that night... I acted interested in hearing all about their new grandson. I just wanted to go to sleep and not wake up. I still went to work the next day...

I can't beleive it has been a year. Celebrating my nephew's first birthday is certainly bittersweet. It also marks the anniversary of loosing my baby. I will be glad when this time passes. It's been difficult. But I know God has plans for my future... and I'm praying a baby will be a part of that plan.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

*HUG* I think you're such a strong person! I can't imagine going to work and over to your in-laws while all of that was happening, I ended up quitting my job and not speaking to the in-laws for weeks. I'm praying that this year will be easier for you and that next year at this time you'll be holding a beautiful baby. :-)